Friday, April 10, 2009

False Alarm 2

I woke up around 4 this morning and Alicia was already awake, sitting up in bed. I asked if she was okay and her answer was obviously NO. She said she had cramping on her left side and she couldnt sleep. She said she's been awake a while...I grabbed the book from the Hopsital to read about warning signs or pre labor pains. Alicia had 4 of the symptoms. She had nausea, lower back pain, cramping and fever...Alicia called the hospital and they told her to take a hot shower and see if the pain goes away. She tried it and it helped when she was in the shower, once she got out of the shower the pain was worse.

I packed a bag for the hospital while we waited for the hour to be up. Mean time, Christian's been awake the whole time, since just before 4am! The hour was up and she called back and told them the pain was getting worse. Alicia couldn't even walk thats how bad the pain was! So off to the hospital we went.

We got there around 6:30 and they put her into a room and began to do tests and monitor the baby. They checked to see if she was dialted and she was, nothing significant...one or two cm. The nurse said that it doesnt look likely that she will be having a baby today so around 8:30 I left to take Christian home. He was really getting tired to I laid him down. Shortly after I got home Alicia's mom was arrived so I can go to work.

I'll update everyone with the progress when I know more.

***UPDATE****
12:46pm

Alicia is home now. She needs to rest and take it easy. It seems these episodes she's having are getting worse, maybe the end is coming?

No comments: