Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Saga Continues

We still havent gotten anything resolved with Alicia's medical assistance. All her calls go unanswered and messages never get returned. So...plan B!

I added Alicia onto my insurance starting January 1st (open enrollment) just in case she wasnt approved for medical assistance. See they were suppose to have a response to us 30 days from receiving the application so that would have been January 5th. Any way, I've been paying $200 a month for insurance and she wasnt even using it.

Today I decided to finally use it because we arent getting any where. I found Alicia and I a family doctor in the area and I found an OBGYN as well for her. Also, I found Christian a doctor that is two blocks from our house! So now Alicia can start going back to the doctors...

I talked to my mom about the medical assistance problems and she suggested contacting the Montgomery County state rep. and addressing the issue to him. You can bet that I'll be writing a letter to him (with Alicia's help too!)

No comments: