Monday, February 23, 2009

Ironic, I was just saying how great Alicia was doing...

So I got a phone call at work on friday, it was Alicia screaming and crying. I couldn't make much out of what she was saying. She finally got out the words, "I fell". Not exactly what you want to hear when your wife is almost 7 months pregnant. All I could say was...go to the hospital. I left work around 1 and raced to the hospital, only problem was there was traffic, bad traffic. Just passed the Stowe exit on 422 they had the left lane closed so only one lane of traffic was getting by. Gram J stayed on the phone with me to help keep me calm. It took me over 30 minutes to get 4 miles. Some how, just some how I was able to get from Douglassville to the Reading Hospital in just 15 minutes....it was about 2:15 when i got there.

Once there, the receptionist seemed to know who I was and where I needed to go. She told me as I was leaving "what a beautiful son you have". When I got to the room Alicia was in, Christian was laying on the bed with her watching TV. Needless to say, he was very excited to see me! I asked Alicia what happened and she told me that she was walking back from the pizza shop and tripped on the sidewalk two house down from ours. She said the sidewalk was cracked and raised. In her one hand was her lunch, she said everything happened so fast that she didnt have time to put her hands down so she fell right on her stomach.

I stayed with her from about 30 minutes and then I took christian home. The doctor said everything looked fine. The placenta didnt tear and the babies heart beat was normal. She came home around 6:30 and was still in a lot of pain.

On Saturday I was going to take Christian with me food shopping and Alicia wanted to go. I told her the only way she's going is if she rides one of those electric scooters...she argued a little. Sunday we went for a drive...down 422 to Annville. We just wanted to see if there was anything interesting down there. There wasnt. There was a mall but it wasnt anything great. Kept Christian occupied though. We went to Home Depot to get pricing ideas for a few things and thats it.

Alicia starts her job today. Her new job is a paper girl! She picks up the papers on Monday and delievers them between Tuesday and Wednesday during the day. they told her she can walk or drive...the pay isnt anything great but...its $35-$45 a week! She seems really excited which is a good thing!

What an exciting and stressful weekend...for everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job! It's a little extra $$ for a little while! Glad everything is better! xoxo